"Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing." Thomas Alva Edison

[uh-kom-plish-muh
nt]
nt]Organizing and cleaning bring such fulfillment. Why is it that a bunch of menial tasks bring this sense of accomplishment?
Yesterday I spent the entire day organizing and cleaning our small apartment. I went through many boxes of "odds and ends," categorized them and put them in plastic tubs. Speaking of plastic tubs, I love plastic tubs. They make life feel like it is in order. Let's hear three cheers for plastic tubs!!!
It is no wonder we have been commanded to organize our homes. The Spirit relishes in places that are free of clutter--physically and spiritually.
Doctrine and Covenants 88:119
"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;"
P.S. That really isn't our closet. We don't wear blue, white and brown everyday
(though Curt sort of does for work....)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehurrah! HURRAH! hurray! I DO love plastic tubs! Nice feeling.
ReplyDelete