Friday, May 22, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho....

It's off to work we go!

I really like work...well I guess it is more correct to say I like what is in work. Work is extremely satisfying and brings great feelings of accomplishment in life. Work can be addicting too. I remember a quote I read in high school:

"I don't like work--no man does, but I like what is in the work, the chance to find yourself." --From Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad



This week was my first week of work at Swedish Medical Center! My new job is a quite a bit different than my old job because I will be working in the ICU. Orientation this week was thrilling and gave me a small glimpse of 12 challenging weeks of orienting to the floor.


Curt is completing his second week working as a capitol advisory analyst at JP Morgan in private banking. In addition to working long hours, he has been studying like crazy for the CFA exam he will take the first weekend in June.
_____________
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under differing conditions. --Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! Glad to see that you guys are doing well and getting much accomplished. This was a timely post for me with the neat quotes about work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete