We've been really lucky to have Mom visit us twice since we moved here! Her second trip was in January and February. She came and spent a week with us, traveled to England to tour for a week, and returned and spent another week with us. It was a great time! While she was here we enjoyed walking around, good food (cheeses, breads & pastries!), etc. We were also able to see some wonderful sites.
One of the weekends we went to Chamonix. Curt and I skied part of the day at the resort and Mom walked around the little town until we met up with her. The resort's snow wasn't great..but the terrain was nice.
The Alps are gorgeous! As I said, the snow wasn't amazing..but then again we grew up on UTAH snow: The Greatest Snow on Earth. There's even proof in France of that--we saw a couple of Alta stickers!
Curt had fun at the park (and my hand froze trying to take a photo--it was frigid!!!)
In front of the famed Mont Blanc
In the town with Mom
It was very sunny driving...and we forgot Curt's sunglasses. Goggles did the trick and looked awesome. We rented a car with our car sharing membership (Mobility) for the day. It is really convenient to have the option of a car for things like this. Mobility is similar to Zipcar.
The day after Mom returned from London I took her on a business trip with me to Milan. While I attended a couple of meetings, she walked around the town. After I was done with work, we enjoyed some time seeing sights and eating good food (yummy gelato!!). Here we are in front of the Duomo. It was a short trip--just one night--but we enjoyed the scenic train ride down as well. The train ride is just under 4 hours from Geneva to Milan.
Bern:
For another weekend with Mom we went to the temple in Zollikofen (which is next to Bern). After the temple, we drove to Bern and spent a little time walking around. It was a nice afternoon. I didn't take any other photos though :(
This is our awesome Mobility car. It was surprisingly spacious to seat 5. Not a wasted centimeter of space! Small cars are the best--you can park anywhere!

Hi Guys! So fun to visit your blog! What a cute small car and you seem so happy and busy and really taking advantage of this great European adventure of yours! You guys make such a cute couple and I'm so happy for you! Keep these blog posts coming! They make me smile!!!! Love you lots and lots!!!! Cindy aka Cynthia
ReplyDelete