We welcomed 2011 with a bang--literally!
I was in the mood for cooking, so I made us an elegant dinner. It was the first time I had made scallops and also roasted veal. Everything turned out exceptionally well and was really enjoyable. The menu consisted of:
I was in the mood for cooking, so I made us an elegant dinner. It was the first time I had made scallops and also roasted veal. Everything turned out exceptionally well and was really enjoyable. The menu consisted of:
Tapa
Greek olives
Entrée
Pan seared sea scallops served with garlic white sauce and ceboulitte
Salade
Swiss rampon garnished with cherrystrachtomatten, caramelized cinnamon pecans and crasins served with a house Dijon lemon balsamic vinaigrette
Plat Principal
Pan seared, oven roasted veal tenderloin served with ceboulitte garlic mashed potatoes and white Parisian mushrooms
Dessert
Freshly baked chocolate cake dressed with cream, fresh cherries and marzipan
__________
After dinner we rang in the New Year with a "Table Bomb." I had seen them around and wasn't sure what they were all about. Apparently it is an important part of New Year celebrations (and even birthdays) here.
It basically looks like a big firecracker...and the instructions are to light it indoors on your table. Curt was a bit skeptical. We had no idea what would happen...so I lit it...and seconds later the lid blew off and party favors were spewed all over the room (streamers, noise makers, etc.). I would definitely buy one again.
Wow! That sound so delicious! And I'd love to buy one of those poppers. What fun! Glad you posting again, we missed you!
ReplyDeleteThose are so fun! I want a table bomb! That food is absolutely amazing!!! I could never live up to that! I could never have such gourmet food all ready at the same time. Youre amazinG! Curt is so lucky!
ReplyDelete