Monday, October 26, 2009

Fogo de Chão

Curt and I went to a fabulous lunch at Fogo de Chão (fo•go jee shou) last Thursday. Fogo de Chão is a Brazilian churrascaria (shoo•hăss•ker•ē•uh). A Churrasco is a Brazilian barbeque with a TON of meat and other great entres. The Restaurant is "Rodizio" style, which means the servers walk around in circles offering you food at your table. Have you ever been to Tucano's (too•kan•os) or Rodizio Grill (ho•jeezē•o gril)? Same thing.


As far as the authenticity of the food goes, I think most of the things are totally accurate. I ate basically all of the things you get there in Brazil. And yes, at churrascos, you really do eat a TON of meat. Mom and I went to a churrasco in Brazil at a friend's home and we were informed they served 17 kgs of meat (there were probably 20 people there). That is a TON! Over 35lbs of meat!


I LOVE eating at Brazilian Restaurants for two reasons: 1. The food 2. Speaking with all of the Brazilians. We got special treatment at the restaurant when they found out I spoke Portuguese fluently and lived in Rio for 1.5 years. They brought us out special dishes and such.


My review: Fogo de Chão is great...but too pricey. In addition, Tucano's has much more variety with both the salad bar and meat selection. I have never been to Rodizio Grill, so I can't compare that with the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment