What a great weekend we had! The Sanders (my Sister and her family) came all the way to Denver! We had all sorts of adventures.
They got here early Thursday morning and we were able to do a lot. We toured the US Mint (Kohl and the tour guide became best friends--everybody loves that kid) and then went to the Rockies game. It was surprisingly cold that day. We were happy to have coats and blankets at the game. The game was especially exciting because it guaranteed the Rockies some post-season games (they did win today, I might add!).
One of the highlights for the kids....but not so much the adults, was the Denver gem Casa Bonita. Casa Bonita is a Mexican restaurant that was built back in the early 70s. It really is an entertainment restaurant (much like The Mayan) with cliff divers, skits, a crazy gorilla, pinatas, a mariachi band, etc. The kids loved the entertainment, but the food was less than desirable (to put it kindly). I think the couple patches of fresh vomit we passed in the parking lot on the way back to our car tells you exactly what we thought of our food (sorry for being graphic).
I guess there was even a South Park episode about Casa Bonita...I'd be interested to see what it said. I saw a photo that said, "Casa Bonita is painted an appropriate Pepto-Bismol pink."
On Friday we spend the entire day at the zoo. I enjoy zoos, but they are much more fun with kids. Kids get excited over every little thing. We were lucky to have warmer weather on Friday too!
That night I made us all dinner and we had a movie party. The three little boys slept over at our apartment. Beck really talks and moans a lot in his sleep. I kept waking up thinking something was wrong--I was worried about him. He was fine and slept through it all. I wonder what it will be like being a mom....
Saturday was great. We were able to see General Conference online and spend most of the day downtown. We went to the Denver Art Museum's free Saturday admission day (once each month). The kids had a fine time walking around and Shane got to see Denver's finest architecture.
The good news: This weekend Clint, Corey and Spencer are coming!!!! More family in Denver!!!
One of the highlights for the kids....but not so much the adults, was the Denver gem Casa Bonita. Casa Bonita is a Mexican restaurant that was built back in the early 70s. It really is an entertainment restaurant (much like The Mayan) with cliff divers, skits, a crazy gorilla, pinatas, a mariachi band, etc. The kids loved the entertainment, but the food was less than desirable (to put it kindly). I think the couple patches of fresh vomit we passed in the parking lot on the way back to our car tells you exactly what we thought of our food (sorry for being graphic).
I guess there was even a South Park episode about Casa Bonita...I'd be interested to see what it said. I saw a photo that said, "Casa Bonita is painted an appropriate Pepto-Bismol pink."
On Friday we spend the entire day at the zoo. I enjoy zoos, but they are much more fun with kids. Kids get excited over every little thing. We were lucky to have warmer weather on Friday too!
That night I made us all dinner and we had a movie party. The three little boys slept over at our apartment. Beck really talks and moans a lot in his sleep. I kept waking up thinking something was wrong--I was worried about him. He was fine and slept through it all. I wonder what it will be like being a mom....
Saturday was great. We were able to see General Conference online and spend most of the day downtown. We went to the Denver Art Museum's free Saturday admission day (once each month). The kids had a fine time walking around and Shane got to see Denver's finest architecture.
While the boys were at priesthood, the kids mostly slept and we all met up at one of Denver's best Italian Restaurants, Nonna's Chicago Bistro. It was SO much better than Casa Bonita!
Sunday was relaxing and enjoyable as we all watched General Conference at the Elaina's over the Internet. She and Lance made us an incredible breakfast. We are so happy Anna and Shane got to come visit us! It was a blast and helped us feel that Utah really isn't that far away. We constantly miss being close to family.The good news: This weekend Clint, Corey and Spencer are coming!!!! More family in Denver!!!
I went for a visit to Dr. Gatrell yesterday. I like your brother. He's fun. I don't so much like getting a restoration replaced...He said that Anna and Shane said they had the greatest time and he was like, "It was cool cause Shane doesn't always get that excited about things. He usually just says, 'It was good.' But not this trip. He LOVED it." How cool is that?!
ReplyDelete