Friday, January 8, 2010

Project #1

This post celebrates the first (of many) projects on my new sewing machine. It was an early Christmas gift from Curt and my mom. You have to know that Curt and I are suckers for consumerreports.org. We love looking up their ratings, and this sewing machine passed their test. It is scored #1 in it's class, tied with a $1400 Bernina (and we definitely didn't pay that much).


So far I am extremely impressed with the sewing machine! Hooray! I love everything about it and keep trying to think of new projects. My sister got one the same time I did and she is having a blast making clothes for her kids. I just don't know if making stuff for Curt would be the same....


So here it is: our long awaited bed skirt. We never were able to find one to match our bedding and I always planned on making one. Conveniently, I was also able to make the bed skirt a little longer to hide the extra few inches of storage we created by raising our bed. That storage is very useful!

I used a pattern I made in my head after talking to my mom about the best way to make it. I was really pleased with how the pleats turned out and like that I did double top stitching around the edges. Sorry the photos aren't very good...the fabric reflects the light too much. It matches the stripe on the duvet (though it looks darker).

4 comments:

  1. Allison,

    It looks great!! I enjoyed visiting with you at Cristmas. --Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Work! I am very impressed. Thanks so much for the Christmas card. Grant and I loved it and hope we can see you guys soon! If you want to check out our blog, it is jillandgrant.blogspot.com. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you enjoy sewing as much as I do! Keep those projects coming! It's so satisfying to make something out of nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete