Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Confessions

So I may be a craigslist-a-holic. Probably not to the extent of my sister (just kidding, Elaina....sort of), but I have grown to love it more and more!

As we are considering what things will actually fit in our Geneva apartment, I am quickly choosing what things I can sell. It has worked well so far! We have made some great sells.

I also made a great buy yesterday. We got some speakers for our Christmas present and I have wanted stands for them for a few months. I almost bought some "perfect" stands (mind you it would have been about $320 for 4 of them on a great sale, and I would have needed to modify them to be compatible with our speakers), but decided to wait. Yesterday I found the perfect ones on Craigslist. Very simple, very sturdy, black and compatible with our system. YAY!

To make things better. Guess how much I spent!? $25 for all four, plus $0.96 at Home Depot to get the right screws. I couldn't wait for Curt to come home after work and see the new look.

(not a fabulous photo..)

Three cheers for craigslisters!

1 comment: