Monday, August 23, 2010

The Fête!

The largest festival in Geneva, "Fêtes de Genève," took place July 27th - August 8th. We were lucky to be here for the amazing party. People traveled here from all over the world. There were large amusement rides all around the lake (including roller coasters and other large-scale rides) and TONS of food and games. There were also some concerts and great firework shows.

The AMAZING churro covered in nutella


Our dinner selection: Chilean food! Curt was so excited to have a "Completo"

Fireworks:

The best firework show was on the last Saturday of the fête. I have NEVER seen anything even close to it. It literally took my breath away. We got to watch it from the lakeside (along with thousands of other people--it looked like Times Square). It was, no exaggeration, 1 hour long with a 5 minute intermission. The theme this year was "The Circus." We didn't know this beforehand, but by the music and fireworks, it was pretty obvious. 

We have a short movie clip of the finale to show part of the show (click link to left to be directed to youtube.com clip). Unfortunately the iPhone 4 takes video anyway you choose and it looks like it is upright....and we don't have a program that can rotate it. You'll have to watch it sideways. Sorry about that. We have learned for next time (I learned how to fix the orientation and you can watch it here as well).

Lest we forget the giant statue of the King of Pop that graced the lake that week

4 comments:

  1. Love it. Totally want that delicious nutella churro and the completo. And those fireworks were amazing just from a video. I can't imagine live. I really wanted to be at that fete with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man guys...I LOVE fire works. They are my favorite! You guys have the coolest life...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fireworks! Our 4th of July got rained and tornadoed out so we haven't seen fireworks in a long time. It sound like you guys are living a wonderful, exciting life! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fireworks are CRAZY! And amazing!

    ReplyDelete