Thursday, August 26, 2010

Time


Time is such an odd concept. If you live in Utah, per say, I am living your future right now here in Switzerland as it is after 5pm. Don't worry--you are going to have a great day. So strange. 


The reason I thought of this is because Grandma and Grandpa Maw wrote Curt a birthday email (It's Curt's Birthday today) and asked, "Does time fly faster when you get older?"


I think it does.


It made me think of my favorite Neal A. Maxwell talk, "Patience." Such a classic.

He explains so gracefully that we are not natural in time---for we are beings of eternity. Here is a clip for your reading pleasure. You can follow the link above to read the entire talk.



"Even now, time is clearly not our natural dimension. Thus it is that we are never really at home in time. Alternately, we find ourselves impatiently wishing to hasten the passage of time or to hold back the dawn. We can do neither, of course. Whereas the bird is at home in the air, we are clearly not at home in time--because we belong to eternity. Time, as much as any one thing, whispers to us that we are strangers here. If time were natural to us, why is it that we have so many clocks and wear wristwatches?




**Funny side note...I quoted this same talk some time ago on another blog posting. Seems to be something I like to (and need to) read a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Curt! We hope you have a great day and hope you are having the "time" of your life in Switzerland! Thanks for the quote Allison! We love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete