Friday, August 27, 2010

NICE!

We took our first "far" trip last weekend to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. We flew to Nice (a short 45min flight) on Friday night and stayed there until Sunday evening. Here is a photo-story of our trip:


I LOVE the pebble beaches of the Mediterranean


We had fun swimming in the Mediterranean Sea--it is fun to float (Curt is in the middle of the photo)

We had a GREAT time parasailing together in Nice. The view was incredible!
There we are!

We spent an evening in Monaco and walked around Monte Carlo. Curt's favorite part was seeing all the million-dollar yachts. They were pretty fantastic.

The food. Yum! This was definitely the best meal--delicious lasagna. We like the nice street cafes all over. Surprisingly, food was 'inexpensive' at restaurants in Nice---only because we compare it to the restaurants here in Geneva.

And the gelato.....We actually went specifically to a Fenocchio gelato shop because Glen, Meridee and the twins said we just had to go there. They were right.

We enjoyed 'hiking' the 'castle' to see the view of the city

The French Riviera

We went to the Matisse Museum which shows a lot of his art he produced while living in Nice

We went to the ward where Clint started his mission and met Frere Feuga and some other members

We walked through a park with some old Roman ruins. Curt is inside an old Roman arena
We loved our vacation and look forward to more trips! We have the travel bug...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. I'm glad you had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, you look like such the traveler! Sun kissed skin and travel clothes. I love it! What a fun extended honeymoon for several years! I loved seeing the pebbled beaches! I would even parasail! Fun!

    ReplyDelete