Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Little Project

October 19-20
Shortly after we moved into our new apartment I started shopping the classifieds for an entry table. I got this one for 10 or 15 CHF (1CHF=$1). It was in pretty poor condition, but I wanted a project AND a good deal. This photo doesn't show...but it was chipped, scratched and just plain worn.
Since I had no job...I went to a hardware store, bought sand paper, varnish and a brush and went to work. Our living room was pretty dusty.
I watched the entire Church History DVD set and a couple other movies while sanding. It took a long time, but I really enjoyed. I have never sanded that much by hand.


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that is soo awesome. I cannot believe you got to go to Paris. Isn't it the best. I loved walking around the Louvre, but I didn't have as good of an understanding of the pieces. After taking multiple world history classes i really want to go back now.

    I love how you are in France. Keep working on your french you too. I expect to be able to talk to you when you get back. It will be like a final exam.

    I love you both. Have fun in Egypt. And yes, i want to know about the diving. I (as a fellow diver) am interested in that sort of stuff now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho.Ly.Cow. Look what you did with $1 and some supplies!!! HOw can I compete with that!?? :)

    ReplyDelete