Friday, July 16, 2010

Au revoir Utah!

We began our vacation in Huntsville with the Calders. It was 3am Saturday morning by the time we pulled up in the Penske truck. We enjoyed 4th of July Festivities and fun with the family.


We got some family photos taken (click the photo to be directed to the photographer's blog)


We went through our clothes when packing for Geneva and tried to be very good at giving away the things we didn't use as often. It was so hard to give away some of the things! They were so nice! Curt's brothers had a "draft" to make it more fair in distributing their favorite things.


We enjoyed some time in Ogden. Here we are with Grandpa and Grandma Maw, Aunt Cindy, and Glen and Meridee after watching Miranda in the Ogden 4th of July Parade.


Hadley, our niece, is growing up so quickly! She was always willing to share everything.
___________________________

We arrived in SLC at the Gatrells on Monday evening and had a great BBQ with fireworks.


Allison with Josilyn and Bennett (and Brady). The kids grow so fast! Josie will be 9!


Grandma with Lauren


The Calders were kind and took us boating in Huntsville on Wednesday. The Sanders joined us. Their whole family fit on the new tube! Taya fell asleep while tubing :)



Curt and I rode the tube together as well. On an especially rough part, we collided heads. I was very lucky I didn't get a big black eye. I hit so hard I thought I would. My eyes is still tender today (>1.5 weeks). It had a small area of bruising, but wasn't too noticeable. That would have been a nice way to meet people in Geneva.


Curt got some good air on the wake-board (he landed it). Click on the photo to get a closer view


I ski. No wake-boarding for me.

We ate the piece of our wedding cake we saved from 8-21-2008 (we couldn't eat it at our 1 year anniversary as we were in Denver and the cake in Mom's fridge in SLC). It actually tasted REALLY good! That was our 1yr and almost 11 month celebration :) Can't believe it will be 2 yrs next month!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big Taya is! She was a newborn at your wedding and I feel like she still should be a newborn. Guess not. haha

    ReplyDelete