We arrived here on Friday afternoon! Still can't believe we LIVE here. Today marks 1 week, though it feels completely normal to be here now.
Jet lag?
Not too horrible. We were able to sleep pretty well on the flight (thanks JPM for direct flight in 1st class). Also, we forced ourselves to stay up all day Friday when we arrived here.
Curt snapped this photo of me--I discovered it when I loaded the photos from the camera. Didn't know I was so asleep!
Public transportation is even better than I thought. We took a train and a bus from the airport (thanks to Marilyn, a member of our ward--SO helpful!). Hooray for no car and no driving! Living my dream!! Curt takes this across the lake to work each day:
The boat is pretty small--it probably holds 30 people max? It leaves every 10 minutes from our side of the lake to downtown.
I am going to make one post each day for a few days (ambitious?? I am currently unemployed . My "job" consists of 1. Finding an apartment 2. Cooking/Shopping 3. Laundry 4. Cleaning 5. Learning the city and language so we can get around ETC).
Get excited for more posts about our move, the trip to Utah, and of course Geneva!
YAY!!! I'm so glad you made it safely! It looks like a dreamland...I'm a little jealous actually. We look forward to reading about your fabulous adventures!
ReplyDeleteOh my heck, this is so incredible What an adventure. I love that he takes a boat to work and that you live in a country where you have a different flag. I don't know, seeing that flag in the pic made it so real. Good job staying awake.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Can't wait to visit. Look forward to all the updates:)
ReplyDelete