Thursday, July 15, 2010

MOVING!

Yes. We moved AGAIN. Counting moving to our apartment when we got married, that is the 4th move in less than 2 years. Wow!

I moved one time the first 18 years of my life!

We were spoiled to have the company move us. It was still stressful to sort our things as "Geneva" or "Utah," as it was not realistic to take everything to Europe.

Moving was a few phases. I was selling things on craigslist like crazy! (Truck, motorcycles, cell phones, computer, weight set, lamp, dresser, etc.). Then it was the sorting phase, the "movers" phase, the Utah phase, and then more to come (ie shipments arrive).

June 30th: Sorting "Utah" and "Geneva" items: It took longer than we thought. I didn't go to sleep that night. I napped from 7:30-8:30am until the movers got there. Curt stayed up until 4:30am helping (but had to get at least a little sleep before going to work the next morning).

July 1st: The movers came, packed, loaded and left





We had a pile for the "air shipment," a room for "Utah items," and a closet with the things that would stay with us (some clothes, passports, etc.). I taped the door because I heard horror stories of movers packing EVERYTHING. For example, I set aside a small folding footstool so I could return it to the bishop's wife. We had borrowed it to use when we drove some people to church on Sundays. It is somewhere between Colorado and Geneva. Glad I taped the closet shut!

July 2nd: We loaded up our truck and drove to Utah

Enjoying a Haagen Dazs Bar right after leaving (one of the few things left in the freezer)

At a gas station in CO

Glad it is done!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment