Saturday, July 17, 2010

Temporary Housing

We are subletting from someone while they are on vacation until sometime in August. After that we hope to have an apartment to move into. Geneva has always had some sort of housing crisis. The vacancy rate is estimated to be 0.03%.

Right now we live about 20 minutes walking from Curt's office. It is a nice, old small, 1 bedroom apartment.

It is VERY hot here. This is definitely accentuated by not having air conditioning. No one really has AC in their home. We (fortunately) have a fan. We just leave the windows open all of the time and hope for breezes. We are about half a block from the lake so that probably helps.

Here is our view from the bedroom:






You know I love to cook--here is the kitchen.



I actually love our tiny kitchen.


The refridgerator is very small. This makes for frequent shopping trips (the grocery store is only 2 blocks from here, and the blocks are small). It is a little bit bigger than a hotel fridge.



We LOVE the steamer here. I use it all the time. Maybe I'll even buy one for us?

There is no microwave here in our temporary housing. Feels like I am on a mission in that sense. It really isn't bad--You just either eat things cold or figure out a simple way to heat it up (stove, steamer, oven, etc). We survive just fine!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny that you posted the fridge... My parents are in Germany and their fridge is about that seize as well... I hope you love it there... My brother will be there in a month so keep an eye out for Elder DeMolder!

    ReplyDelete