We went to the UN in Geneva on Tuesday with Marilyn. We were introduced to her through Mom's friend, Lola. Marilyn has helped us SO much. She is from the Philippines and has lived here in Geneva over 25 yrs. She helped us find temporary housing, get to the housing, get to church, and even invited us to her daughters wonderful birthday party last Sunday (where we got to eat the traditional Filipino Ube birthday cake. It is PURPLE and has NO dye. Ube is a root plant like sweet potatoes).

Thank you, Marilyn!!!!!!!!
Anyhow, Marilyn works at the UN. She kindly invited us to visit her at work one day. She treated us to a yummy lunch in the cafeteria and then took us on a VIP private tour.
Curt feeling right at home in the Assembly Hall.
I loved seeing the UN. I remember participating in Model United Nations back when I was 15. We even went to the MUN competitions at BYU. It was a great learning experience. I represented Norway one time and Indonesia the other time. Everyone should participate in High School.
That cake looks crazy! How did it taste?
ReplyDelete