Food is pricey.
I expected that.
But I was not expecting the prices of meat and eggs.
It is about 32 Franks for 1 kg of chicken breast (the Frank is about $0.95).
This means it is roughly $16/lb of chicken!!!!
I paid $1.66 in Colorado for the same thing.
(10x the price)
Red meat is the same (I saw a filet mignon for $40/lb!)
I bought chicken to make a special meal for Curt's first day of work. I bought the "cheap" chicken (it is chopped up instead of a full breast. I will GLADLY pay less money for someone to do my work!). It was only about $10.50/lb. Phewph! What a deal! At least it is all really good quality meat with the fat is all trimmed.

Eggs are $2.15 for 4 eggs.
Remember 3 weeks ago when I paid $0.99/dozen? Yup.
(6x the price)

Don't worry--it is not all THAT inflated. Some things are quite comparable. The produce is SO much more fresh. Tomatoes taste like garden tomatoes and we LOVE them!

The French bread is yummy and pretty cheap ($1.15/loaf). We see ourselves saying "French bread" and "French fries." They call it "bread" and "fries."
So funny about the bread and fries!! So I am wondering what you are going to eat all the time now? I don't know what to do with my staples of chicken and ground beef. What will you do? Yikes!
ReplyDelete